02 April 2016

California! Here I come....

I am headed to California tomorrow to speak to two Jewish genealogical societies.
 
Sunday afternoon, April 3, at 1:30, I will be speaking at Temple Bat Yahm, 1011 Camelback St, Newport Beach, CA for the Orange County Jewish Genealogical Society. I will be discussing "Beyond the Manifest: Applying the Genealogical Proof Standard to Confirm One's Ancestral Origins."

This talk encourages applying rigorous research methods to one's search for ancestral towns of origin. It is specifically concerned with determining which of several towns with the same or similar names might be the correct one.

I have also been invited to speak to the Jewish Genealogical Society of the Conejo Valley and Ventura County on Monday evening at 7:00 P.M., April 4, at Temple Adat Elohim, 2420 E. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks. There, I will be delivering "When It Takes A Village: Applying Cluster Research Techniques."

This presentation in on using cluster and collateral relative research techniques to locate additional information on people who are challenging to locate and to break though on difficult genealogical problems. The research techniques are discussed within the context of planning one's research.

I am definitely looking forward to meeting Orange County JGS and JGS Conejo Valley and Ventura County members. If you are in the Orange County or Los Angeles areas, please stop by, attend the meetings and say, "hello!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts are always welcome but will be approved before posting. I actually prefer to just let people comment without going through this rigmarole, but I've recently had to delete some posts that I had not vetted before publication. So, please don't be offended. I love to hear from you!