Unfortunately, the growth on the Schenkermans' graves was more than I could handle. Fortunately, I was able to wrestle the vegetation away from the stone enough to jot down most of the salient information.
son of Mordechai
[DIED JULY 11, 1975
AGE 78 YEARS]
Sarah daughter of
BELOVED WIFE ...
[DIED SEPTEMBER 18, 1961
AGE 67 YEARS]
I posted previously about Philip Schenkerman's advertisement in the 40th anniversary publication of the First Lubiner Progressive Benevolent Association (FLPBA). I also posted about his father Max Shenkerman's grave in one of the Montefiore Cemetery FLPBA plots, Queens, NY. Philip and his wife, Sarah Tabachnik Schenkerman, are interred in adjacent graves and share a tombstone in the FLPBA plot, Block 24, Maccabee Road, Beth Moses Cemetery, Pinelaqwn, NY.
Philip and Sarah's marriage certificate indicated that Philip's parents were Max (Anglicized from Mordechai) Schenkerman and Dora Kopetz. Sarah's parents were Abraham Tabachnik and Bess Wenger.
I have located records for their children in Ancestry's database for Social Security applications.
- David Schenkerman 28 June 1919 - 13 March 2003
- Rose Schenkerman Friedman 5 November 1921 - June 1982
- Irving Schenkerman 27 May 1926 - 11 August 1986
1. New York County, New York, marriage certificate no. 14350 (1917), Philip Schenkerman and Sarah Tabatznik, 9 May 1917; Municipal Archives, New York.
2. "U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007," database online, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 11 October 2015); entries for David Schenkerman, Rose Schenkerman Friedman and Irving Schenkerman.