21 May 2015

Treasure Chest Thursday: FLPBA 25th anniversary publication: sister members

On the past three Treasure Chest Thursday posts I've listed the 72 male members of the First Lubiner Progressive Benevolent Association (FLPBA) - the landsmanshaft organization for those who settle in New York City after emigration from Lubin (Labun), Russian Empire. Only a handful of female members were listed in the 25th anniversary publication in 1936. They all appear to be widows of members and may have been from Lubin, themselves.

Of those I have been able to identify, all were buried in the FLPBA burial plot in block 89, gate 156N in Montefiore Cemetery, Queens, New York.
  • R. Blumfield - Rose Blumenfeld
  • Brawerman - likely Ida Braverman (widow of Isidore, who died in 1933)
  • Z. Goldberg - Zlote (Lottie) Goldberg (Bernard, d. 1925)
  • R. Klein - unknown
  • S. Moskowitz - unknown
  • D. Reitman - Dora Reitman (Morris, d. 1935)
  • I. Schachter - possibly Fannie Schecter (Shimon, d. unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts are always welcome but will be approved before posting. I actually prefer to just let people comment without going through this rigmarole, but I've recently had to delete some posts that I had not vetted before publication. So, please don't be offended. I love to hear from you!