02 August 2014

IAJGS2014: Bloggers' Dinner

Wow! Great conference; way behind in posting about it. I will catch up in the next few days - as I recover.

Monday evening I'd organized a bloggers' dinner. The most illustrious writers in attendance were James Tanner of Genealogy's Star and Schelly Talalay Dardashti of Tracing the Tribe (which has been transformed from blog to FaceBook page). Each of us identified our blogs and topics and we spoke about actions we have taken or might take to market our blogs for greater audience.

In a post called "IAJGS 2014: Assembled Jewish Genealogy Bloggers" I have identified geneabloggers who have been posting articles about the conference and aggregated links to their posts. If you find this useful, I suggest checking that post during the next week or so as some of us conclude our conference coverage with additional information and thoughts.

[Someone collected a list of those at the dinner, but I know not who has the list.] From memory, here is the list (if I've left anyone out, please let me know and I will correct this list):

Lara Diamond, Lara's Family Search
Rose Feldman, Israel Genealogy Research Association (FaceBook page) and Tweeter
Emily Garber, Extra Yad 
Deborah Holman, Who We Are...And How We Got That Way
Israel Pickholtz, All My Foreparents
Jane Neff Rollins, Kitchen Sink Genealogy
Jeanette Rosenberg
Randy Schoenberg, Schoenblog.com
Janice Sellers, Ancestral Discoveries
Janette Silverman, RelativaTree
Schelly Talalay Dardashti, Tracing the Tribe  (FaceBook page)
James Tanner, Genealogy's Star

Photos (courtesy of Rose Feldman) from the gathering: 

Schelly, Janice, Janette, Emily, Israel, Jim's back, Randy

Jane, Deborah, Adam Brown is in the back on right, [help me ID the others, please]
Janette, Emily, Israel and Lara

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Israel. (I knew he looked familiar and couldn't recall his name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog inadvertently got omitted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane: You are correct - and I have just fixed the post to include you and your blog. Sorry 'bout that!

      Delete

Comments on posts are always welcome but will be approved before posting. I actually prefer to just let people comment without going through this rigmarole, but I've recently had to delete some posts that I had not vetted before publication. So, please don't be offended. I love to hear from you!