Sheldon Leonard Stedman was born in New York City on 12 August 1930, the first of two sons born to Sam Stedman and Ida Schwartz.
In 1925, a few months before his birth, Shelly's parents lived in the Bronx at 897 Bryant Street. His father was a glazier, selling mirror and glass.
Sometime, likely after 1935, Shelly and his family moved to 1048 Boynton Avenue in the Bronx. They stayed at that address at least into the mid 1950s, when Shelly's younger brother served in Japan with the U.S. Army.
Before moving to Boynton Beach in retirement, Shelly lived with his wife and children in New City, Rockland County, New York. His first land purchase in Palm Beach County was in 1999.
Shelly's Social Security Death index record indicates that his last residence before his death on 14 April 2005 was in Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Sheldon L. Stedman's grave is in the First Lubiner Progressive Benevolent Association plot in Beth Moses Cemetery, 24 Maccabee Road, Pinelawn, New York.
1. 1930 U.S. Census, Bronx County, population schedule, Bronx, enumeration district 3-368, sheet 24A, dwelling 463, family 463, Sam and Ida Stedman; images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 24 April 2017); NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 1475.
2. 1940 U.S. Census, Bronx Co., pop. sched., Bronx, e.d. 3-371, sheet 11B, household 216, Sam and Ida Stedman family; images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 24 April 2017); NARA microfilm publication T627, roll 2485.
3. "Uptowners in the Service," New York Post (New York, NY), 21 August 1955, p. 6, col. 2; images, Fulton History (http://www.fultonhistory.com : accessed 30 April 2017).
4. Sheldon Stedman, deed and mortgage instruments dated 1970-1989, Land Records database, index and images, Rockland County Clerk (New York) (http://rocklandgov.com/departments/clerks-office/land-records/ : accessed 30 April 2017).
5. Sheldon Stedman, deed and mortgage instruments, Official
Records database, index and images, Palm Beach County Clerk (Florida)
accessed 30 April 2017).
6. "U.S. Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014," index, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 24 April 2017); Sheldon L. Stedman, 14 April 2005.