HUSBAND - FATHER
SON - BROTHER
MARCH 31, 1924
JULY 18, 1969
Carl was born in Brooklyn to immigrant parents. David, his younger brother, was born on 30 July 1929. The 1930 census found the family in Brooklyn in an apartment at 3426 41st Street, Long Island City, Queens C0unty, New York.
When Carl was in high school, his family (including his mother's parents, Israel and Molly Marcus) lived in a two-family house at 3056 37th Street in Long Island City.
Carl acquired a Brooklyn license to marry Mildred Shenkman on 18 February 1950. They, likely, married soon after. They had two daughters: Susan and Barbara.
When Carl died suddenly in 1969 at the age of 45, he was vice president of John Thallon and Co., Inc, a meat importing-exporting firm based in Rockville Center, New York.
Carl's grave is located in the First Lubiner Progressive Benevolent Association plot in Beth Moses Cemetery, Pinelawn, Nassau County, New York
1. "New York, New York, Births, 1910-1965," images of index, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 23 December 2017), entry for Carl Kaimowitz, birth certificate no. 14113, 31 March 1924, Brooklyn, New York; citing Department of Health, New York City.
2. "U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014," index, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 1 December 2017), entry for David Kaimowitz, 5 January 2009, Scotch Plains, Union County, New Jersey.
3. 1930 U.S. Census, Queens Co., NY, population schedule, Long Island City, enumeration district 41-75, sheet 12A, dwelling 44, family 223, Carl Kaimowitz; images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 10 December 2017); citing NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 1585.
4. Kaimowitz family members' first names and ages and grandparents names indicate that the census enumerator did not write the surname correctly. 1940 U.S. Census, Queens Co., NY, pop. sched., Long Island City, e.d. 41-77, sheet 9A, household 168, Carl Kilmwitz; images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 16 December 2017); citing NARA microfilm publication T627, roll 2721.
5. "New York City, Marriage Licenses, 1907-1995," images of index, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 23 December 2017), entry for Carl Kaimowitz, 18 February 1950, Brooklyn, NY; citing Municipal Archives, New York City.
6. Kaimowitz - Carl, "Deaths," New York Times (New York, NY), 20 July 1969, p, 57, col. 4; images, New York Times (https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1969/07/20/90113397.html?pageNumber=57 : accessed 23 December 2017).